What if one night out of every year, the authorities declared all criminal activity completely legal? What would you do? Steal the car you’ve always wanted but never could afford? Plot the death of your boss because he’s such a royal pain to work with?
In a futuristic America beleaguered by crime and overcrowded prisons, the government has sanctioned just such a night — an annual 12-hour period in which any person may commit any crime (including murder) without fear of retribution. Hospitals are shut down. Rule of law is suspended. This night of nights, you are allowed — nay, encouraged — to do literally anything you want.
Or not. Maybe you’d rather avoid the blood-soaked pandemonium outside. If so, feel free not to participate. It isn’t mandatory. Just bolt your doors and lock your windows… and hope to God you haven’t made any enemies in the past 364 days. Continue —>
This Blog Is Rated
“The imagination must be fed good food, or it will become the haunt of monsters.” - Michael O’Brien
- RT @Scruton_Quotes: "Conservatism is inherently local: a defence of some pocket of social capital against the forces of anarchic change" A … 20 hours ago
- RT @Scruton_Quotes: "Crimes committed in left-wing causes tend to be excused or overlooked, while misdemeanors on the Right are impossible … 20 hours ago
- She's here. All's right with the world again. 1 day ago
- @UnPuritan Dude, same here. I love Chris Nolan's work. 1 day ago
- @UnPuritan I still can't get over how well he carried that film all by himself. Geez. 1 day ago
Recent Blog Posts
Search This Blog